Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I need professional help

So, I spent a couple of days, picking, flicking and carding. Spent today spinning. Why? I wanted to experiment in the kitchen with dyes. What happens? Not what I was aiming for, but I like them better than my original plan.
"There's no such thing as mistakes, only happy accidents."
Thanks Bob.
I'm now looking at two skeins that I'm planning on taking to the farmer's market this weekend. I'd rather not, but that's their purpose.
Introducing:

Harvest Moon


Autumn Wood

It seems to true when taking pictures of yarn, they never do them justice. Harvest Moon, while vibrant isn't glow in the dark. I love how Autumn Wood came out!

I'm still debating, it may not make it to the market, there's a pattern called Elvish Leaves....doesn't look like it's just begging to be knit up into a scarf called that?! *sigh* I wonder how may dilemas like this I'm going to have.

The problem that I'm facing now, I can't spin fast enough to keep myself in skeins to dye! I have a wonderful diversion from housework, it's fun to watch how the colors change as they dry. Ah well.

That's the latest! There'll be more to come, I'm doing housework at lightening speed (it's amazing what a little incentive will do) tonight, so that I can spin up another bobbin or two. Ugh! It's all just so addicting.

No comments: